A bit of Carter Starter help… grub screw

Steel guitar items wanted

Re: A bit of Carter Starter help… grub screw

Postby Rick B » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:23 pm

Cheers John that is so very helpful, much appreciated, but I'll need more length (ooer).

Pete thanks very much indeed for that info, I've put an enquiry over to Al Brisco who does Carter spares, we'll see if he has the specs.
User avatar
Rick B
Member
Member
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:18 pm
Location: Greenwich, London

Re: A bit of Carter Starter help… grub screw

Postby SHAKEY » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:42 pm

Or you could re-tap the hole to either a 4 or 5 mm thread since they are so easy to get hold of. ??
SHAKEY
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 818
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Re: A bit of Carter Starter help… grub screw

Postby Rick B » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:26 pm

Al Brisco kindly tells me the grub screw (whoops, "socket set screw" to our colonial cousins) is a 6-32 1/2" UST with a 1/16" allen key. I fixed the Carter in time for my buddy's gig with a smaller bolt and two locking nuts, but I'll seek out a proper replacement – or a headed bolt if I can't find any – and do it properly later. Thanks for all the help guys.
User avatar
Rick B
Member
Member
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:18 pm
Location: Greenwich, London

Previous

Return to Wanted

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest