Switch to full style
Steel guitar items wanted
Post a reply

I need a loud amp

Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:29 am

Louder than a cube 80 (which is very nice), but not rock n roll

Re: I need a loud amp

Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:38 am

David give your ears a treat, two cubes F/w JBL E120's will not only do the business for you but if you have a small venue you only have to take one in,,,, if it breaks down you have a spare plus you will have a sound to compete with any of the top end amps for really silly money...... its a win win win And nobody blows you away :)


:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:



you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink ......

Re: I need a loud amp

Mon May 22, 2017 4:33 pm

David I don't know if this would be of interest to you but we are now stocking the Quilter Steelaire amps here at Wembley Music Centre.

https://www.wembleymusiccentre.com/quil ... ifier.html

Re: I need a loud amp

Mon May 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Certainly of interest and a good call

Re: I need a loud amp

Tue May 23, 2017 3:34 am

Interesting........

Many thanks..

:P

Re: I need a loud amp

Tue May 23, 2017 7:19 am

Boss Katana 100 .....100 watts and it won't break your back or bank

Re: I need a loud amp

Tue May 23, 2017 3:38 pm

I'm not sure about using the Katana for steel. I have one and I use it for guitar and I think it's great. However, I wouldn't use if for steel at a gig. It's just like any other guitar amp with a 12" speaker. The steel just doesn't sound right to me. It's ok for practicing at home but when things get loud at a gig I just don't like the spiky treble of a 12" speaker for my steel. Turning down the treble is not enough as there are a lot frequencies missing.

Re: I need a loud amp

Tue May 23, 2017 4:58 pm

You're spot on there Paul , I use the Katana for Guitar & Lap Steel on gigs with a Profex and it behaves fine. Haven't tried it with Pedal Steel but maybe with a better speaker it could cut the mustard. I think the Profex helps with eq as I think the Katana lacks something with its own tonal spectrum.

Re: I need a loud amp

Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:58 pm

Hi David
I have a Fender Deluxe 112 Plus, 100 Watts advertised in the For Sale section. It'll blow the doors off!
Also have a JBL E120 if you want to go down the Cube route.
Cheers
Phil
Post a reply