Switch to full style
Steel guitar items wanted
Post a reply

"Dobro" type Tone-Bar....W.H.Y?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi Peeps.....

Pressing the Dobro and Tri-cone back into action, and looking for a tone-bar to suit.
For years, have been using a "Dobro" branded cylindrical type...but am informed that I should be checking out the "Scheerhorn" variety :!:

So....what finer place to start!!?.....over to you :!: :!:
Anyone with anything to sell.....??

Re: "Dobro" type Tone-Bar....W.H.Y?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:07 pm

hi, I have a Shubb-Pearse for sale,£10 + £2.00 p&p.

Re: "Dobro" type Tone-Bar....W.H.Y?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:45 pm

john roche wrote:hi, I have a Shubb-Pearse for sale,£10 + £2.00 p&p.


Which one is it John??....a little bit of Googling suggests that some are designed for 8-string use.

Re: "Dobro" type Tone-Bar....W.H.Y?

Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:05 am

hi, it looks like a S-P 3, although it has s-p stamped on it. it,s not long enough to be for a eight string.

Re: "Dobro" type Tone-Bar....W.H.Y?

Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:15 pm

john roche wrote:hi, it looks like a S-P 3, ..........


Thanks for getting back John....but I think that the SP2 would be the one for me from the Shubb range.

Re: "Dobro" type Tone-Bar....W.H.Y?

Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:53 pm

OK , good luck...john
Post a reply