Switch to full style
Steel guitar items wanted
Post a reply

Emmons Push-Pull parts required

Mon May 19, 2025 3:36 pm

Just reaching out to see if anyone can help. I'm working on my own 60s Push-Pull, and trying to find parts.

I want to keep it original if possible. So I'm looking for original Emmons parts, in reasonably good condition, with decent plating.
I'm trying to source:
1. A cross-shaft, to use as a sub-shaft as shown in Pic_2. A pedal cross-shaft would be okay.
2. About 10 off collets
3. A couple of bellcranks made of the thicker material, with smaller ends, as shown in Pic_1

Pic_1.jpg
Pic_1 - Bellcrank

Pic_2.jpg
Pic 2 - Cross-shaft


If you can help, that would be awesome! PM, email [[email protected]] or phone me [07785 254698].

Cheers Mark

Re: Emmons Push-Pull parts required

Mon May 19, 2025 6:19 pm

I dont think you have a hope of getting those thick cranks I could probably do cross shafts, but Emmons parts hard to come by.....do you need levers as well?

Re: Emmons Push-Pull parts required

Mon May 19, 2025 7:26 pm

Mark wrote:Just reaching out to see if anyone can help. I'm working on my own 60s Push-Pull, and trying to find parts.

I want to keep it original if possible. So I'm looking for original Emmons parts, in reasonably good condition, with decent plating.
I'm trying to source:
1. A cross-shaft, to use as a sub-shaft as shown in Pic_2. A pedal cross-shaft would be okay.
2. About 10 off collets
3. A couple of bellcranks made of the thicker material, with smaller ends, as shown in Pic_1

Pic_1.jpg

Pic_2.jpg


If you can help, that would be awesome! PM, email [[email protected]] or phone me [07785 254698].

Cheers Mark


Wonder if the boys at Emmons can help you out? They reverse engineered the wraparound in the new Resound model and regularly restore other models of used push pull for sale in their shop. I appreciate getting parts from the states is more costly though.

Re: Emmons Push-Pull parts required

Mon May 19, 2025 7:45 pm

Mark - try Bob Adams. He has made a number of push pull parts. Also Michael Yahl in Texas has a range of Emmons parts - https://www.psgparts.com/shop/category/all-emmons-4. Plus as Steven mentioned, the new Emmons company has manufactured some vintage push pull parts. I bought a broken Emmons some years ago for spares, but I am keeping them for a rainy day. 8-)

Re: Emmons Push-Pull parts required

Mon May 19, 2025 8:41 pm

I have all you need in genuine Emmons parts Mark but the only 3mm plus cranks i have are on my mid 60's road guitar and you ain't getting them, what length do you want the cross shaft?

Re: Emmons Push-Pull parts required

Tue May 20, 2025 8:20 am

Thought I'd have a look at my post this morning, not expecting any replies... Cheers all for posting.

Steven, it had crossed my mind to speak to Emmons. They're great guys. I just thought I'd try locally first.

Thanks for the link Ken. Michael produces some very reasonable priced parts. Just thought I'd try to source original parts before going down that route.

John... I'll have a measure up, and give you a call.

Re: Emmons Push-Pull parts required

Tue May 20, 2025 10:04 am

Hi Mark,
I have some genuine spare parts from an Emmons 1970 P/P. from an overhaul conversion I did last year. :)
The pedal X shaft is 160mm. No collets, but they are easy to buy from any model shop.
I'll give you a call later when I'm back home.
Attachments
Emmons Bell Cranks 01.JPG

Re: Emmons Push-Pull parts required

Wed May 21, 2025 8:44 am

Many thanks for the reply Jim. I left a message for you this morning. I'll try again later.
All the best Mark
Post a reply