Page 1 of 1

Springfield

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:20 pm
by Murdoch_A
Hi all.
Hope you're having a good day.
I purchased a Springfield 10 string, three pedal, one lever steel a few years back, and having achieved no more than being useless and frustrated I have decided to sell it. I think it's a pretty good beginner's choice, but have no idea whatever of how much I should expect to sell it for. Can ay of you help me here please?

Yours,

M

Re: Springfield

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:12 pm
by JohnDavisStringsHere
Hi, Happy to advise having seen a few of these....... The best thing to do with it to make it playable is to get Ronnie bennet to replace the old mechanism completely and you end up with a Springfield/Bennett that is actually playable. Further advice freely available ....phone me, (I hate typing ) 01480393900 :)


:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

Re: Springfield

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:56 pm
by Murdoch_A
Thanks, mate. I'm reluctant to spend money on it only to sell it. I'd prefer to sell it as is, but have not a clue how much it's worth. It has a very good super-sturdy proper metal-edged flight case that weighs more than the moon and which needs new foam. I really just need to know what I can realistically expect to get for it.
Ta for replying.

M

Re: Springfield

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:14 am
by JohnDavisStringsHere
Further advice freely available ....phone me, (I hate typing ) 01480393900


I am out today until about 1 ish this afternoon ...........

Re: Springfield

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:40 am
by Malcolm
Best thing you can do is stick it on Ebay and see what you can get for it, probably not a lot.

Re: Springfield

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:07 am
by JohnDavisStringsHere
M, it is not
a pretty good beginner's choice
Because it will leave a beginner feeling
useless and frustrated
This is a common condition among people that buy without the help of a player who could have told them if it was playable ;)
I would buy it, dependant on price and condition and get Ronnie to weave his magic on it then it would return to the steel community as a "playable" instrument..........


:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

Re: Springfield

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:21 pm
by Malcolm
John, would that really be viable financially? I would have thought the parts alone would have been worth more than the guitar it'self .Have done up a couple of these before and replacing parts with good quality ones was expensive and in my humble opinion just not worth it.

Re: Springfield

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:00 pm
by JohnDavisStringsHere
Malcolm you are 100% correct ! as a business plan you sure as hell not gonna earn anything.... its just a labour of love but it makes the unplayable ....playable and as most steelies I know a poverty stricken Bas :censored: ..... It just makes all the wheels go round >>>>


:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

Re: Springfield

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:55 pm
by Malcolm
I did up two for guys I knew, thank god I wasn't paying for it.As you say John , a labour of love( or hate by the time I got the things done, my mate Willie Gamble and I were demented by them). :guitar: :guitar: