Page 1 of 1

Fender Deluxe 8 vintage blonde OHSC and legs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:34 am
by Tristan
Hi all, apologies that my first post is a For Sale one, but truth be told I’m a guitarist rather than a steel player and was told this would be a good place to find a new owner. Will happily donate to the forum if it sells through here. I have a vintage Fender Deluxe 8 lap steel guitar in a well aged vintage blonde finish available. I think this is possibly mid-late 60’s given the black tolex case, bridge cover and hexagonal tuners. One of the pots appears to be dated to 1976, although I’m unsure if these are the original pots.
This has definitely seen plenty of action in its time, with dings and wear in the finish. All the electronics work as to be expected. I’ve removed the old set of strings (possibly decades old) and am awaiting a set of Ernie Ball 10-74s which will be included.

The original case and legs are present and are in good shape, with some pitting of the chrome and wear on the rubber feet (some have worn through). All the latches work well and the inside of the case has that classic old gear smell.

Looking for £1100. Insured shipping in the UK available for £20, happy to post internationally too, just drop me a line.

IMG_8683.jpeg

Re: Fender Deluxe 8 vintage blonde OHSC and legs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:16 pm
by Mr Bassman
If you remove the tuner pan the date may be written in the cavity.
IMG_0952.jpeg

Re: Fender Deluxe 8 vintage blonde OHSC and legs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:07 am
by tony totten
Hi Mr bassman
I am I interested in this guitar is this the original pickup on this instrument if so would you accept a reasonable offer and would you be willing to post a d either through the pedal steel member society thanks to

Re: Fender Deluxe 8 vintage blonde OHSC and legs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:35 am
by tony totten
Hi Mr bass man I noticed you removed the head stock from guitar to reveil the serial number. Did you have any joy in its origin and date of manufacture as I do note that that the Japanese and china have also re manufacture these guitars If this is a genuine guitar I am willing to offer a genuine offer thanks Tony

Re: Fender Deluxe 8 vintage blonde OHSC and legs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:35 pm
by Goosander
Sorry to disappoint Tony, but I think the seller sold this one on reverb already: https://reverb.com/item/77901522-vintag ... age-blonde