PAVILION THEATRE

Details of where you can see steel players live

PAVILION THEATRE

Postby Donny Johnston » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:50 pm

IN THE PAVILION THEATRE IN GLASGOW, FRIDAY 7TH AND SATURDAY 8TH NOVEMBER. 1 SHOW FRIDAY & 2 SHOWS SATURDAY. FIRST TIME OUT FOR A WHILE, NO PRESSURE, ONLY TWO THOUSAND SYDNEY DEVINE FANS. :roll: :roll:
Blanton D10, Justice s10, Fender Acoustasonic 150, 1 Brain, 2 Hands, 2 Knees, & 2 Feet.
Donny Johnston
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:35 pm
Real Name: Donny Johnston

Re: PAVILION THEATRE

Postby nevada150 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:37 pm

Good luck Donny,
If you play like you did at the NESGF in Thrnton Wattlas you'll be fine.
Regards.
Keith
nevada150
Deceased
Deceased
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:39 pm
Location: Hartlepool
Real Name: Keith Glendinning

Re: PAVILION THEATRE

Postby Danny Mitchell » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:45 pm

Bummer, Donny! I'm gigging on both nights(doh!) I can't believe I'm missing out on a bit of 'Steak and Kidney',of which I am partial to, accompanied by my 'Guru'(double doh).
I'll catch the next one.
GFI Ultra keyless S10 4+5 Emmon's setup + Sigler, Li'l Izzy, Hilton volume pedal, Roland Cube 80gx, Joyo American Sound Pre-amp, Behringer VD400 Delay Pedal, Peterson Strobo Plus HD and a brace of bars, Ben's, Ezzee-Slide, Pearse, BJS, SIT nickel strings.
User avatar
Danny Mitchell
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 2210
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:15 am

Re: PAVILION THEATRE

Postby bob adams » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:10 pm

Donny, just make sure you give that Williams a right good polish before you go so that the flying knickers slide off quick and don’t interfere with your licks! :lol:
User avatar
bob adams
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1736
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: PAVILION THEATRE

Postby Ken Byng » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:34 pm

Er...........who's Sidney Devine??? :roll:
Show Pro D10 (amber) 8 + 6, MSA Signature XL D10 (redburst) 9 + 6, Sho~Bud D10 (sunburst) Pro 111 8 + 6, Emmons D10 Push Pull - (black) 8+5, Zumsteel D10 (blue) 8 + 8, Hudson pedal resonator, 10 string lap steel. Telonics, Peavey & Webb amps,
User avatar
Ken Byng
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:46 pm
Location: Southampton, United Kingdom

Re: PAVILION THEATRE

Postby bob adams » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:40 am

Goodness Kenneth! Oh Kenneth! Who is Sidney! I’m shocked!!!!!!!!!!!

Like!..... Who is Chas & Dave!? .............. Who is Danny O’Donnell!? ........ and.............Who is Tom Jones!!??

As for the Pavilion Glasgow!! A Legend!

Those will be two nights of real good country music. get in there Donny Boy! Good for you! :guitar: :guitar:
User avatar
bob adams
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1736
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: PAVILION THEATRE

Postby Ken Byng » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:54 am

Well I hope that Donny has a good couple of gigs of course, but I still haven't heard of Sidney D. I take it that he is a Scottish singer, but he can't ever work south of the border or appear on the haunted fishtank. He is hardly a household name down here in the sunny south coast, unlike Chas and Dave - (I know the latter from his days with the Tumbleweeds) and the Jones boy. Daniel O'Donnell is more known among our Irish community. I did a straw poll on the dog and bone last night with my mates and not one of them had heard of Mr Sidney. We are musical ignoramuses obviously. No, hold on, I have heard of Nathan Carter, and wifey and I are going to see him and his band next Sunday evening.
Show Pro D10 (amber) 8 + 6, MSA Signature XL D10 (redburst) 9 + 6, Sho~Bud D10 (sunburst) Pro 111 8 + 6, Emmons D10 Push Pull - (black) 8+5, Zumsteel D10 (blue) 8 + 8, Hudson pedal resonator, 10 string lap steel. Telonics, Peavey & Webb amps,
User avatar
Ken Byng
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:46 pm
Location: Southampton, United Kingdom

Re: PAVILION THEATRE

Postby Uncle Roy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:22 am

Ken, I thought you were joking maybe you still are, Sidney is a Scottish country music legend. We saw him a couple of times in Bournemouth , once with the Boxcar Willie tour. The man has been on the country scene for donkey years.
His long time steelie was Dougie Stevens. Our Donny has also played his gigs before.
User avatar
Uncle Roy
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:59 pm

Re: PAVILION THEATRE

Postby Ken Byng » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:39 am

I just googled Mr Devine Roy, and he appears to be very big (if not huge) in Scotland with a huge discography list. I played on a number of Wembley Festivals years back and never saw him on them, and have never spotted him on English TV. I have obviously led a very sheltered existence. I was in a duo in the early 80's with a Scottish singer, and he never ever mentioned Sidney.

Just checked out a youtube clip of Mr Devine (Two Little Orphans) - and prefer Karl Denver from that ilk of singing, who I did see and played on the same bill as him a number of times. Mr Denver was a great character and made me laugh in the dressing room on more than one occasion. Plus he liked a dram or three.
Show Pro D10 (amber) 8 + 6, MSA Signature XL D10 (redburst) 9 + 6, Sho~Bud D10 (sunburst) Pro 111 8 + 6, Emmons D10 Push Pull - (black) 8+5, Zumsteel D10 (blue) 8 + 8, Hudson pedal resonator, 10 string lap steel. Telonics, Peavey & Webb amps,
User avatar
Ken Byng
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:46 pm
Location: Southampton, United Kingdom

Re: PAVILION THEATRE

Postby Zumbilly(Murdoch) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:05 am

I am pretty sure Sidney charges the band entrance money for His shows. :lol:
He had/has a huge following mainly in the central belt of Scotland,His gigs were packed out with Blue rinse ladies and zimmer oonians,His band "Legend" were pretty good,they covered all the Country songs and Sid was a showman.
Personally I never liked His style or His treatment of many great songs.
His TV show was a joke which made Me boak.
However as Donny says,there will be a couple of thousand folk at the shows and there will be a good atmosphere.
Have a good time Donny.
Zumbilly(Murdoch)
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:55 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name: Billy Murdoch

Next

Return to Who is Playing Where

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest