An Area where you put pictures and Videos of your pride and joy also anything about the steel guitar
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:31 pm
JD...has this been sold?
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:05 am
Hi Matt, Yes I have a buyer..... just not sure I can let this one go, but if I do it is going to Denmark. Even though it is set up Emmons style I keep having to have another play on it and for "Dyed in the wool" Push pull player this is a very hard call. Not usually a hard decision to make even with all the innovations and mechanical advantages that the all pull makers come up with as the tone of the Emmons still wins to my way of thinking but this Rains is put together with such thought and precision and the tone is about acceptable my mind is in turmoil I don't normally swear but! Damn,Damn, Double Damn, Bl@@8y S+!T and Bug5e&s
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:12 am
Hi. Nice to see you quickly yesterday on my lovely return trip from my Milton Keynes office, and the fantastic 3 hours sitting on the M1 too. Anyway, you know my thoughts on this steel, a Rains with an E66 sounds lush, and this one is a nice steel. An early one built by Gary I think due to the fretboard rain drop colours. I can see this soon being 'DAY'd' up.
Thanks for the strings too. I recently put a set of LiveStrings on that i was given to try. I cant see, hear or feel anything different about them at all.. Your SIT BE E9th sets win for me, and have done for 40 years of playing.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:54 am
HI,JOHN, KEEP YOUR RAINS ,I WOULDN,T PART WITH MINE. WHAT AMP ARE YOU PLAYING THROUGH?
REGARDS DEREK.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:24 pm
Hi Derek, still playing through two modified Cubes and still clinging on to the Rains at this time
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.