Steel guitar tuition and instruction material
Post a reply

Help please.

Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:34 pm

Hello, I am looking for someone to help me learn to play lap steel. I haven’t much talent and I’m not naturally musically I have learnt guitar mainly by tiny chunks and then putting it all together.
I would if at all possible like to find someone willing to leach me a couple simple songs in C6 that I can play with others.
I am in Suffolk - near Southwold. I could travel or do zoom lessons. Willing to pay but don’t have a lot.
Oh I play left handed but I’m used to converting and mirroring, plus after chemo remembering learning isn’t easy.
But I love playing and want so much to learn a few songs anyone out there willing to help please?
Thank you for reading.
Sheena

Re: Help please.

Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:29 am

Sheena, what Uncle Roy has put on your other post gives you exactly what you are asking for, Mick is as good as it gets on here and with the toon you asked for........ you can clearly see every move on that video but its not as easy as Mick makes it look.......
I bet he would give you the track if you asked him.....

Re: Help please.

Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:10 am

JohnDavisStringsHere wrote:Sheena, what Uncle Roy has put on your other post gives you exactly what you are asking for, Mick is as good as it gets on here and with the toon you asked for........ you can clearly see every move on that video but its not as easy as Mick makes it look.......
I bet he would give you the track if you asked him.....

Yes that’s beautiful - way beyond me - what I’m looking for is someone to break it all up and help me learn to play it. From the strings to pluck to chords etc. Help in as someone I can ask questions and get feed back.
Post a reply