welcome Matt

The place for our latest members to say hi! and for us to welcome!

welcome Matt

Postby Donny Johnston » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:06 pm

Hello Matt, welcome to the forum, enjoy the crack. Tell us a bit about yourself, without giving away to much. Uncle Roy is watching.
Blanton D10, Justice s10, Fender Acoustasonic 150, 1 Brain, 2 Hands, 2 Knees, & 2 Feet.
Donny Johnston
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Re: welcome Matt

Postby elparkirio » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:40 am

Hey Donny and extended hello to all on this forum. I've been a session guitar player in london for a few years now, playing with loads of bands all of verying degrees of success. I bought a pedal steel in january and have been plugging away at it as best i can. I gig with it quite regularly and have done a few recording session with it too. I think I'm probably the baby of the steelies society, clocking in at a meer 31 years, so be gentle..

I travelled up to see john davis earlier in the week and learnt a great deal (nice one john) and look forward to getting to know you boys in this digital arena and hopefully at some point in the analogue world too. I'll do my best to attend meetings and gigs etc as I'm super keen on learning as much as i can from whoever wants to ply me with info.

My first question is who is Uncle Roy? And my second question is have i put my foot in it already??

Warm regards

Matt

Keep on sliding
elparkirio
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Postby Admin » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:05 pm

Hi Matt, 'Uncle Roy' ................. Mr Roy Heap BSSFM....

Is the founder member of the British Steelies Society ....

He'de Man! :guitar:

And here he is ..... left!

Roy has for many years put out a newsletter (a lot of work, time and effort!) posted regularly to your door for a very nominal annual fee!Well worth a pm to Roy to set it up! He also runs a regular steelies meeting near Bristol.

As for putting your foot in it! Is that possible here?? I doubt it!!! :lol:
Attachments
RH_BT.jpg
Admin
Administrator

Postby STEDDIE EDDIE » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:26 pm

WHO IS UNCLE ROY ????? Uncle Roy is our glorious undisputed leader, kinda like the Nelson Mandela or Mahatma Ghandi type figure of the steel guitar in this part of the world, loved by one and all, Hi Uncle Roy, was good to see you in Dublin last week, seriously Matt, good to have you onboard, dont be shy about asking any questions, some great advice available on here, and its free, and no such a thing as a daft question :?: , ive asked a few in my time, and still do from time to time :oops: ,
Carter sd10 USA Fender Telecaster, digitech rp155, Goodrich ldr2 vp, peavey nashville 112 electro-voice, Roland 80XL,
STEDDIE EDDIE
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Postby elparkirio » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:55 pm

Thanks Eddie and Bob for that info, definately good to know. Hey Uncle Roy, if you're listening out there i hope you are well.
I will try and get to bristol, when is it?? Also, what is a PM?? I see it alot when people are trading.

I've just sold my first pedal steel so I'm in the market for a new (ish) one. I'm gonna put up a post in the wanted listings on here but if anyone has any suggestions on good places to look or if you have one for sale i'd be interested. I'm after either single or twin neck 10 string, up to £1500

Ps. if anyone out there wants to hear the best country music coming out of the states there's a great toolbar you can get for your computer called radio pi. You can get almost any radio station in any country and even look at specific areas, nashville, texas station, there all here. Check it out. I can highly recommend 96.3 kswg from wickenburg/phoenix, arizona.

http://radiopi.com/download/
elparkirio
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Postby henry » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:11 pm

Hi Matt,

welcome from South London,
keep us posted about any gigs you're doing.

Henry
Marlen S10, Williams U12
Henry Senior - Pedal Steel Guitar
henry
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Postby Donny Johnston » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:59 pm

Matt, Uncle Roy is not just our LEADER ( OH GREAT ONE ) our spiritual destiny awaits. Arise MAHATMACOAT.
Blanton D10, Justice s10, Fender Acoustasonic 150, 1 Brain, 2 Hands, 2 Knees, & 2 Feet.
Donny Johnston
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Postby elparkirio » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:39 pm

Nice one Henry. I was sliding last night in camden. I'll let you know when my next gig is. And don't worry about the gear issue, i haven't even got a steel at the minute!!!!
elparkirio
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Postby Paul Howells » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Welcome aboard Matt,
I'm fairly new here myself and not posted much yet, but the locals seem friendly so far ;-)

What kind of music / genre are you playing at your London gigs?

kind regards

Paul
E9 Sho~Bud 6139 S10 3 + 4 >> Hilton volume pedal >> '59 Fender Deluxe clone
Paul Howells

Postby elparkirio » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:23 pm

Hey Paul, yeah the locals are awesome, i've learnt loads since been on here.

I play steel in a few different bands. There's a country pop band called mad staring eyes, next gig at open mic night at kiss the sky, crouch end.

Also i play for a girl called bobbie gordon, we play in lots of other bands together but i play steel and guitar in her project.

Here's a bobbie clip from earlier on this year. Without sounding too lame I'd only being playing for 3 months when this was filmed so there are lots of bum notes but you get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxNB0QsixBs
elparkirio
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Next

Return to Welcome and Hello New Members