Reviews of CD and Internet tracks and You tube etc
Post a reply

Steel on the Outside

Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:34 pm

Hi All

This is the absolute best steel playing I can manage at the moment. Maybe I'll get better, but for now, this is my best.

https://garypeters.bandcamp.com/album/o ... he-outside

Some of you (not many) will appreciate what I've managed to do.

Gary

Re: Steel on the Outside

Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:48 am

Gary you're still listening to the voices and doing what they tell you to do that first track got very intense round about 4.50 and I was waiting for the bullet

Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:08 am

There are no bullets John, only voices.

Thanks for getting to 4:50 though, you're clearly fearless.

G

Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:47 am

As ever - a big thumbs up for your continuous pioneering style of playing and your compositions. I always find your stuff so interesting buddy.

Keep 'em coming.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:55 pm

Thanks Ken!! Appreciate your support as always. One nice thing that has come out of the release of this album is a collaboration with the French steel player Lional Wendling (you may have heard of him), also involved are LUcky Oceans and Susan Alcorn, so I'm in pretty elevated company...or should I say they are (Ha!).

G

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:26 pm

Gary James Peters wrote:Thanks Ken!! Appreciate your support as always. One nice thing that has come out of the release of this album is a collaboration with the French steel player Lional Wendling (you may have heard of him), also involved are LUcky Oceans and Susan Alcorn, so I'm in pretty elevated company...or should I say they are (Ha!).

G

Well IMHO Gary, Lionel Wendling is in the top 3 players in Europe. I remember Lucky Oceans back in the 70's - I saw him with Asleep at The Wheel, and he was a good western swing player. Susan Alcorn has come in for some criticism in recent years for her unusual musical direction. I think she's a very good pick blocker, and her choice of notes is also highly unusual.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:18 am

Inspirational Gary. Don't have time to listen to it all, think I'd need a few lifetimes to listen to all your output! Listened to a random selection, atm Ever Outwards. It's very relaxing and quite trippy.

You have a lot of talent my friend and it's good that you are getting some deserved recognition, you've certainly worked hard to get to where you are.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:23 pm

Thanks Geoff. Yes, a fun track Ever Outwards. BTW: I'm slowing down now...less is more as they say.

G
Post a reply