Reviews of CD and Internet tracks and You tube etc
Post a reply

The Base, Bangkok

Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 pm

Hi All

Here's 4 tracks for those interested in such things.

https://garypeters.bandcamp.com/album/the-base-ep

X

Gary

Re: The Base, Bangkok

Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:09 pm

Great stuff Gary.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:13 pm

Cheers Geoff!!

How are you doing?

G

Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:39 am

Not too bad Gary, best I've been since the stem cell transplant. Taken a while to get here though and every time I get a virus or a cold it hits really hard as the last dose of chemo I got before the transplant was about as strong as you can get in order to destroy the immune system, (along with any remaining cancer cells), the stem cell transplant rebuilds the immune system from scratch but all infection info etc gathered over my life is lost, so it takes a while for my "new" immune system to get a grip on any viruses etc.

However, it is continually improving albeit slowly and I'm still here!

On the playing side of things I haven't been playing for the past few weeks as I decided to finish off a speaker cabinet project I started quite a few years ago. I built 2 cabinets as I was experimenting with a stereo setup. Initially they were going to be just speaker cabinets powered by an external power amp but recently decided to turn them into powered monitors, basically each will be a 75w combo. It's been a long labour of love but I'm hoping it will be worth it. They will be driven from my HX Stomp XL which has a multitude of amp and speaker models.

I'll open up a topic here detailing the builds once I get them finished but here's a few pictures of them in construction.

20240324_141642.jpg

20240324_141609.jpg

20240324_141715.jpg

20240331_123219.jpg

Bet you wish you hadn't asked :lol:

Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:52 pm

Great to hear Geoff! Kudos to you and your willpower, which I guess you just have to draw on at such times, bravo to you! Cabs look great, a nice project that, I wish I had your talents I really do.

Anyway, keep on keeping on and keep me in your loop my friend.

G

Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:35 am

Thanks Gary.

I wish I had your talents I really do.

Ditto ;)
Post a reply