Reviews of CD and Internet tracks and You tube etc
Post a reply

Scott Ashworth - Love Ain't Around Anymore

Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:43 pm

Hi Guys,

Haven't frequented here for a while as I've been very busy. Hope everyone is well. Here's a song I recently played some steel on.

After hearing the story about Lloyd Green's advice to the producer on "Remember When", I decided to use that as inspiration to ONLY play a solo on this. I'd played a fair amount of fills and such on some of Scott's other songs so decided it would be best not to clutter the lyrics and then lift the song with a prominent solo. (Although they included a bonus ending I played)

The producer added a bit more reverb than my ideal wet mix but it's still become one of the proudest solos I've played.

And for the Scottish contingent, I believe this was produced in Denny!

Hope you like it!

Re: Scott Ashworth - Love Ain't Around Anymore

Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:14 pm

Very tasty Steve, no hint of steel until the solo and bang you scored there, very nice !

Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:29 pm

Steven, hope you don’t mind but I thought I need to post this other track from Scott, some real nice steel backing from yourself on a great song.

Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:52 pm

Uncle Roy wrote:Steven, hope you don’t mind but I thought I need to post this other track from Scott, some real nice steel backing from yourself on a great song.

Thanks Uncle Roy, appreciate it! Glad you like "The Ghost" too.

I hate to admit it but my intonation wasn't great in places on that one. If I remember correctly, I had ear trouble when I recorded The Ghost and with it being an early single, I had no chance of re-doing it. That being said, the public are fond of it so I've got away with it scot free :oops: .

The tone was massively altered too from my original. The producer had a preference for more of a nasally steel tone for the tracks on the project but I advised them not to mess too much with "Love Ain't Around".

Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:19 am

Loved the solo, really good steel sound, warm, and nice on the ears. Donny.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:04 pm

Much appreciated, Donny! Thank you for the kind words.
Post a reply