Confused Mr Byng!

News of steel players

Confused Mr Byng!

Postby bob adams » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:02 pm

Mike's reading is a 'G' yet he is playing over an 'A' ............. Am I losing the plot here !????

Help Kenneth it is your photo!

Is the Franklin detuned?? or is the rack only displaying the root??
Attachments
P1020055a.jpg
bob adams
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Re: Confused Mr Byng!

Postby Ken Byng » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:15 am

Hi Bob
You asked me about this issue about 4 years ago, but to my memory I didn't give you a very satisfactory answer. Well I have been clearing out some of my old messages on here, and realised straight away on a second viewing what the answer is. Although Mike has his bar at the 5th fret in the open A position, he has almost certainly hit the 7th note on the 9th string when I took his photo. That is where the G is situated.

Hope you are feeling 100% these days buddy. I have had to increase my insulin for my Diabetes Type 2, to morning and night time with increased doses. I'm feeling pretty good to say the least. My pancreas has started to fail, hence the onset of diabetes. I never dreamed in a million years that I would succumb to pancreatic problems.

Anyway mate - all the best to you both.
Ken
Show Pro D10 (amber) 8 + 6, MSA Signature XL D10 (redburst) 9 + 6, Sho~Bud D10 (sunburst) Pro 111 8 + 6, Emmons D10 Push Pull - (black) 8+5, Zumsteel D10 (blue) 8 + 8, Hudson pedal resonator, 10 string lap steel. Telonics, Peavey & Webb amps,
Ken Byng
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Return to Steel Players