Tuesday June 27 SSGW

News of forthcoming Steel Guitar events, meetings and Festivals

Re: Tuesday June 27 SSGW

Postby Billy White » Mon May 29, 2023 10:06 am

Just let me know the key for "A fool such as I' and I'll have a look at it. I will give you my email at the next meet.
Billy
Billy White

Postby Donny Johnston » Mon May 29, 2023 2:11 pm

Hi Billy, Fool such as I is in F. Hope that helps, Donny.
Blanton D10, Justice s10, Fender Acoustasonic 150, 1 Brain, 2 Hands, 2 Knees, & 2 Feet.
Donny Johnston
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Postby JayVeeGee » Mon May 29, 2023 7:03 pm

Hi Donny, From Billy Whitelaw's messages above, and your responses, I have to think there's something wrong with your email as I've sent you two over the last couple of weeks but it now looks like they didn't get through to you. (It WAS the email address you posted above that I used.)
JayVeeGee

Postby Davie Holland » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:45 pm

A bit thin on the ground again on numbers, however a very enjoyable evening. We welcomed a new gentleman Ben (I`m sorry, I didnt catch your last name) who seemed to enjoy the playing. Unfortunately , circumstances worked against us with the sound system, however in true Brethren style, we managed to put together the tracks that were nominated, so everyone got their turn. Bob Adams and Davie Withers came to the rescue with amplifiers and tracks. Also, the annual donation was made by Willie Gamble on behalf of the SSGW to Bob Adams to help with the costs of running this forum. Bobs speech afterwards was nothing short of outstanding..:) Roll on next month
MSA Millenium M3, a Carter and a bunch of Telonics stuff
Davie Holland
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Postby Malcolm » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:48 pm

Sorry I could not be there, down in Cheshire hope to make next one.
MSA Millennium SD1O, GK MB200,Sica 12 and Telonics 15 speakers , Joyo American Sound pre amp, Jay Ganz Straight Ahead 500w class D Amp, Hilton pedal, Peterson tuners,Digitech RP150,Scott Dixon seat/ flight case.
Malcolm
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Postby bob adams » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:41 am

Twas a good wee night Davie considering the lack of 'bums on seats' but as ever we had the banter and managed to cover with backing, come back John, Too bad Donny was under the weather, hopefully we will see them, Billy Whitelaw, Alistair Hogg, Jim Sharp, Malcolm??? & Mr McKillop next time, good to see Brandon who was positive about his current treatment and gave it a go on Willie's guitar. Yes, thank you the brethren of the Scottish bar for the contribution, that time is coming around again, appreciated, and lastly good to see young blood (Ben) never found how you got to know about us ... (Willie??) but great to see you, hope we didin't put you off PSG!!
bob adams
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Postby Billy White » Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:54 am

I had planned on being there, however on Monday I developed a chest infection and at the moment I am on antibiotics from the doctor to try and shift it. I hope to be at the next one.
Billy
Billy White

Previous

Return to Steel Guitar Events Meetings and Festivals