Building, restoration, repairs, set-up, tweaking....in here!
Post a reply

Pull/release changers…..?

Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:39 pm

Following on from Mr. Hillary’s post elsewhere and my contribution thereof, I thought I would start this topic.

So, I have a Fender Student S10 which has been brilliantly reimagined and re-created by the legendary Sho-Bud technician James Morehead.

It is undoubtedly more of a Sho-Bud now.

I have restrung it and now need to retune it.

I have read what information I can find and have received some basic guidance on the Fender Pedal Steel FB group.

It all seems counter-intuitive. I just can’t get my head around it.

Where to start? Do I back off all the hex tuners at the changer? Start from scratch?

It’s Day setup. I’m not entirely sure of the copedentt ATM. I’m sure I have a note of it somewhere maybe.

All advice and assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Michael.

Re: Pull/release changers…..?

Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:05 pm

I just took delivery of a PSG Workstand made by Ross Shafer (Six-Nine Design) in the US. Shipped Wedenesday 3rd by UPS Express, received by me in Glasgow Friday 5th.

It's fantastic piece of kit. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone. Let the tinkering commence!

Michael

Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:32 pm

is it a black guitar? Shame to mess with it if James put it together I have owned one of his and it had the tone of a push pull, great sounding guitar.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:42 am

Yes it is a black guitar. I bought it from you.

Hopefully I will not be messing with it. I am merely trying to get it to play in tune.

It's a great guitar!
Post a reply