This is about helpful tips and advice in recording Steel Guitar
Post a reply

Is it the end?

Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:48 pm

Looking for info from our techno guys.
Accidently plugged wrong power lead into my Tascam 8 track, 15volts instead of 10volts, (got the cables mixed up in the dark)
Tascam came on for a second then died and now wont turn on even with correct power supply.
Have I faffed it completely?
Is there an easy fix? Other than- 'in the skip it goes' :shock:
Dave.

Re: Is it the end?

Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:54 pm

Dunny - are you there? :geek:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:38 pm

There should be a fuse somewhere. Either a fuse holder on the back somewhere or a quick blow fuse in the power circuit somewhere.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:12 pm

Which model please?

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:43 pm

Baz, it's a-
Tascam DP 02

Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:19 pm

It's most probable that you've just blown the fuse in the internal power supply.
Typically they look like this immediately after the power in socket..

Look for the big capacitors and possible other components like diodes and chokes.. the fuse is likely there..

Probable that the fuse is a push-in fit, sometimes they are hardwired. In all circumstances replace it with one of equal value. If it's not written on the fuse ends then it's possibly written on the circuit-board itself..
Maplin of course for parts..

IF by chance the fuse isn't the problem, then a blown diode or something in the first part of the power circuit is probably gone, fear not, any good amp technician can find and probably sort it for you. Someone who works for a music ship doing keyboard or amp repairs should be able to sus it out.. :idea:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:06 pm

Baz. Thanks for that, I will open it up over weekend and try sort it, that will be my weekend project.
Dave.
Post a reply