Steel guitar items wanted
Post a reply

Lift Kit Wanted

Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:34 pm

Looking to buy a 1" lift kit for a 3 pedal guitar .... Any ideas where I would find such a thing?

Re: Lift Kit Wanted

Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:45 am

what make of guitar are you wanting to raise Ted?
I see a lot of this as steel players come in all shapes and sizes, my latest s10 was a bit too tall for my likeing so i cut the legs down by 1" had to raise it back up again as it was too low.... what I am saying is a little is a lot when raising or lowering steel guitar legs.
In the past I have used 5mm studding for pedal rods its available in 1metre lengnths for pennies and you only have to turn down one end to make the hook, its a quick temp fix.
My Emmons now has a 16mm thick ally polo shapped spacer tween pedal bar and leg adjuster, you dont even see it there once its polished.

Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:12 am

Hi Ted,

I recently added a 1" lift kit to my Emmons push pull. Here's how I did it..

For the front legs: Aluminium spacers between the front legs and the pedal bar, simple to fit as you can slide off the rubber feet and slide on the spacer.
For the pedal rods: Grub screw goes into the existing hex barrel, coupling nut goes onto the other side of the grub screw, pedal rod goes into the other side of the coupling nut, then a hex nut to keep it all in place.

You might find you need a different length of the grub screws/coupling nuts. But these sizes worked for me.

-2 Aluminium spacers which are 1" long with a 5/8" internal diameter with at least 1/8" wall thickness.
Cost: £15 Delivered
Ebay seller: ultraturn
You will need to message the seller through eBay and he will custom make them for you, and list a separate item when ready to buy.
Ebay Item: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192923438490 ... name=11051

-Coupling nut / Hex connector
Ebay link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225207938755 ... 4140432764
Cost: £2.99 for 3 Delivered
Size: M5 x 25mm

-Grub screw
Ebay Link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225222653486 ... 4162621996
Cost: £3.10 for 10 Delivered
Size: M5 x 10mm

-Hex nut
Ebay Link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225683869355 ... 4806726502
Cost: £3.08 for 10 Delivered
Size: M5

Hope this helps.
Alex

Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:39 pm

Hi Ted

The Carter I bought at the Irish festival last year seems a bit high for me..and I have been looking at ways to lower levers etc...could it be that the guitar is just a bit higher than normal...in which case..If we were to swap the rods/legs it may solve the problem? I would need to get the Carter out and measure the legs etc..

Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:41 am

Hi Davie
I have 2 Carters here at the moment, both are 28.5 inches from ground to top of endplate (E9), so I
guess that is normal standard height. Hope this helps.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:41 pm

20240325_213121.jpg
Now here is a conundrum....see photos of the legs from the Carter I got from you in Ireland. Are these supposed to be different lengths to the clutch? The ones with the longer shaft (to the clutch) are the ones I am using on the front, so could I lower the guitar by swapping the legs and shortening the rods? hmmm?? :idea: :idea:
Attachments
20240325_212811.jpg
20240325_212736.jpg

Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:22 pm

Davie, If both internal tubes are going up to the stud to the same level (can't see the whole thing!) then your theory will work if you swap but you'll have to take an inch off the internal tubes for it all to sit lower. If your going tomorrow night bring them with you.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:40 pm

Hi Bob. I wont be there tomorrow as rehearsing with the band. I have put them away at the back of the cupboard again with a ton of PA gear in front so I wont be getting the Carter out again tonight or tomorrow. I will have a look on Wednesday and send you the photos. Maybe I can call you after work on Wed too? Sorry Ted for hijacking the thread...hope you get what you need my friend.
Post a reply