Volume pedal confusion

An Area where you put pictures and Videos of your pride and joy also anything about the steel guitar

Re: Volume pedal confusion

Postby JohnDavisStringsHere » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:23 pm

No offenc & No problem pm on its way>>>>>>>>>>

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:
JohnDavisStringsHere
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Postby smitbar » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Goodrich pedal I bought going fine John :guitar: Derek Thurlby gave me a lesson & approved, he gave me some instruction on its correct usage & how to use it for sustain. Sounds like 'Geefresh' got a bargain :D

JohnDavisStringsHere wrote:I have had them all but the Telonics does it for me.... I know it may cost you four or five gigs but what the Hell! you only have to do it once..... just look at the quality of the thing.. I will never need another VP.. ;)

This is the Pedal Derek uses ;)
Last edited by smitbar on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged posts
smitbar

Postby Malcolm » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:23 pm

Telonics are good pedals but I can't see that, in my opinion, it is worth two hundred more than the Hilton.Derek is lucky enough to be sponsored by Telonics (and well done to him for getting it) , it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.I have two pedals, my Hilton and a Goodrich for back up (got p****d off puting pots into it).I have used the Hilton for two years without any problems, if I had still been using Goodrich I recon that on past performance (even with the so called long life pots ) I would have had to replace at least 4/5 pots over that time, and at twenty five pounds a time is nearly cost of a Hilton.In a previous two year period ,when using Goodrich, I replaced. 2 Alan Bradley pots, 2 Claristat and 2 PEC pots.Some lasted three months one lasted two weeks .My first pedal was a ZB with an original "type j" 500ohm Alan Bradley pot that lasted 9 years, if only pots were still of that quality.
MSA Millennium SD1O, GK MB200,Sica 12 and Telonics 15 speakers , Joyo American Sound pre amp, Jay Ganz Straight Ahead 500w class D Amp, Hilton pedal, Peterson tuners,Digitech RP150,Scott Dixon seat/ flight case.
Malcolm
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Postby JohnDavisStringsHere » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:14 am

Pedal now posted >>>> cost of postage £7-45...... you will have to sign for package..... Complimentry set of strings from Rebecca inc. :)

JohnDavisStringsHere
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Previous

Return to The Steel Guitar Including Photos and Videos